Sunday, July 21, 2013

7 Gifts for my 30th - Target Shooting

I don't usually celebrate my birthday! This year is a different story as I turn 30. I made it a point to do and eat something that I have been doing/eating that I love most in the past 30 years and of course do something that I haven't done. This year I decided to do target shooting.

And of course I cannot do it without accompany. I was actually invited by my officemate/bff Ms Julie Cajife-Cruz with her brother and her brothers friend.


At first, I am really hesitant because I don't know if I am afraid of having a gun with me or I may have caused an accident and jeopardize someone else's future. When it was my turn to a gun and shoot, thoughts were rushing in my mind that I have to control it so I could concentrate to Julie's brother as he is discussing how to manipulate the gun.

Of course as expected, I was aiming for the middle extremities of my target but it simply goes to another target... wahahaha Well at least I was able to shoot the "target".


Later I became comfortable but my energy was drained. In all fairness, it is energy draining activity. Maybe for a first timer but I would say it is a wonderful stress reliever activity...

I would never be comfortable holding a gun and reloading the magazine if not with the people who were around me and teaching me the do's and dont's of firing the gun and aiming for your target. It was such a wonderful experience.

I would of course like to thank Julie for introducing me to such wonderful new found hobby: "Target Shooting!" This is definitely for me an experience of a lifetime. Of course, I am so thankful to Gary Neil Curz as well as his colleague's who were there teaching me the importance and safety precautions of the gun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this article?