Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pork Steak Pinoy Style


Steak seems to be known all across the globe. Every country has their own way of preparing it and cooking it. This time around I wanted to share my recipe on how I normally cook the said pork steak.

Here are the Ingredients you need.

  • 1 kilo of pork tenderloin - I suggest when you buy the pork in the market have the butcher cut the pork into very thin strips
  • 1/2 cup of soy sauce
  • 6 cloves of garlic - minced
  • 3 medium size onions - sliced into rings
  • 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
  • 1/2 cup of calamansi extract (lemon extract will do)
  • Cooking oil
  • 2 tablespoon of Honey


Here's how I cook it:


  • In a bowl, combine soy sauce, pepper, garlic, honey and pork. Leave to marinate and refrigerate for 4 hours or an over night would be best.
  • After marinating the pork, remove the marinade and drain the pork. (note don't throw away the marinate sauce as you will use that after frying.
  • In a pan, heat oil and fry until the pork is cooked.
  • Pour into the same pan the marinade and calamansi extract.
  • Stir a little and simmer until the sauce is thickened.
  • Put in the serving plate.
  • Garnish it with spring onions. (optional)

That's how I cook my Pork Style the PINOY way. Share your recipe's too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this article?