Friday, January 3, 2014

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Review

Over the past years I always have problem with my phone and or the network I used to use when it comes to mobile signal and most of all the Mobile Data connection which I cared less because I simply use my phone to its most basic function and that is through call and sms.



However, last December I decided to have my own online business. This time around I have to have a phone that has reliable camera and of course a network that has more acceptable data connectivity. This time around I definitely reconsidered and finally moved to a different network provider.

Last December, I finally have my first ever SMART Telecommunications Plan. I decided to go with Samsung Note 3 because of many various reason.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Full Specifications:

DESIGN

Device type: Smart phone
OS: Android (4.3)
Dimensions: 5.95 x 3.12 x 0.33 inches (151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm)
Weight: 5.93 oz (168 g) the average is 4.6 oz (132 g)

DISPLAY

Physical size: 5.7 inches
Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels
Pixel density: 386 ppi
Technology: Super AMOLED
Colors: 16 777 216
Touchscreen: Multi-touch
Features: Light sensor, Proximity sensor

CAMERA

Camera: 13 megapixels
Flash: LED
Aperture size: F2.2
Focal length (35mm equivalent): 31mm
Camera sensor size: 1/3.06"
Features: -illuminated sensor (BSI), CMOS image sensor, Auto focus, Touch to focus, Digital image stabilization, Face detection, Smile detection, Exposure compensation, ISO control, White balance presets, Burst mode, Digital zoom, Geo tagging, High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Panorama, Scenes, Effects, Self-timer
Camcorder: 3840x2160 (4K) (30 fps), 1920x1080 (1080p HD) (60 fps), 1280x720 (720p HD) (120 fps)
Features: Digital image stabilization, Continuous autofocus, Video light
Front-facing camera: 2 megapixels

HARDWARE

System chip: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 MSM8974
Processor: Quad core, 2300 MHz, Krait 400
Graphics processor: Adreno 330
System memory: 3072 MB RAM
Built-in storage: 32 GB
Storage expansion: microSD, microSDHC up to 64 GB

BATTERY

Talk time: 25.00 hours the average is 13 h (752 min)
Stand-by time: 22.0 days (528 hours) the average is 20 days (488 h)
Talk time (3G): 21.00 hours the average is 12 h (704 min)
Stand-by time (3G): 17.5 days (420 hours) the average is 19 days (454 h)
Stand-by time (4G): 15.8 days (380 hours) the average is 18 days (429 h)
Capacity: 3200 mAh

MULTIMEDIA

Music player:
Filter by: Album, Artist, Playlists
Features: Album art cover, Background playback, Preset equalizer
Speakers: Earpiece, Loudspeaker
YouTube player: Yes

INTERNET BROWSING

Built-in online services support: YouTube (upload), Picasa/Google+

TECHNOLOGY

GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
UMTS: 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz
FDD LTE: 700 (band 17), 800 (band 18), 850 (band 5), 900 (band 8), 1700/2100 (band 4), 1800 (band 3), 1900 (band 2) MHz
Data: LTE Cat4 Downlink 150 Mbit/s, LTE Cat3/4 Uplink 50 Mbit/s, HSDPA+ (4G) 42.2 Mbit/s, HSUPA 5.76 Mbit/s, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS
Micro SIM: Yes
Positioning: GPS, A-GPS, Glonass
Navigation: Turn-by-turn navigation

CONNECTIVITY

Bluetooth: 4.0
Wi-Fi: 802.11 a, b, g, n, n 5GHz, ac
Mobile hotspot: Yes
USB: USB 3.0
Connector: microUSB
Features: Mass storage device, USB Host, USB charging
HDMI: via microUSB
Other: NFC, DLNA, MHL, Tethering, Computer sync, OTA sync, Infrared

OTHER FEATURES

Notifications: Haptic feedback, Music ringtones (MP3), Polyphonic ringtones, Vibration, Flight mode, Silent mode, Speakerphone
Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Thermometer, Gesture, Humidity, Barometer
Hearing aid compatibility: T3
Voice dialing, Voice commands, Voice recording, TTY/TDD

AVAILABILITY

Officially announced: 04 Sep 2013

My Personal Verdict

Giving the list specifications, I have no doubt that I would be loving the functionality of the phone. I totally recommend Samsung Note 3 and I consider it as a powerful andriod device. Giving the main reason that I will be using the device for my online store, the size of the phone is admirable pleasant to me. It allows me to do my thing and not being challenge by the size of its screen.

The phone and tablet capacity is one of the many reason why I decided to buy Samsung Galaxy Note 3. After spending sometime with the phone, what I like most is the camera. The camera is a perfect substitute to a point shoot camera given the proper lights. I also love the  Auto Focus, its 4X Digital Zoom, and most especially the Shot Mode [Beauty Face, Best Photo, Best Face, Sound & Shot, Drama Shot, Animated Photo, Golf Shot, Rich Tone (HDR), Eraser, Panorama Shot, Surround Shot, Sports Shot.

I also the total packaging of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I specifically like the Leather-Like removable back cover of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. To top that, the corrugated side of the phone provides a better grip to the phone plus the less rounded edge also look better than the rounded edges of most Samsung phones. I also love the idea striking metallic side as it adds better premium to me.

The layout of the control buttons are located at the side the phone ( Volume control - Left side and on the right is the power button). Also, a removable battery for me is also an advantage versus their direct competitive.

In general, I am super satisfied with the functionality of the phone. It gives me the things that I need to operate my small time online business. It gives me a the tablet and phone features in one like bigger screen and access to social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this article?